"Most WISP's I have found are self taught which I can appreciate, because I too have taught myself many things. However, when you get formal training on wireless and on the product itself, training created by the manufacturer it's like a light comes on and you suddenly are able to make the gear do everything it is capable of. That's when training pays for itself." -- Steve Discher
Our course includes bonus information, not included in other trainer’s courses ensuring your success with airMAX products. All of the material in the Ubiquiti Certification course is covered in class in addition to basic routing, IP subnetting, basic networking and an expanded lab practical which ensure you understand all possible configurations.
- Courses are two days long. Each class day begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm with an hour and a half lunch break.
- Lunch is the responsibility of the student, but we will usually go as a class to a nearby restaurant.
- Breakfast is provided by the hotel and snacks and drinks are available in the meeting room throughout the day.
- The certification test will be given on the last day of class and should be completed no later than 5:00 pm on the last day of class.
- Basic Subnetting (BONUS)
- Basic Routing (BONUS)
- Packet based networks (BONUS)
- Routed versus bridged networks (BONUS)
- Understanding Wireless Communications
- History of WISP Equipment
- Wireless Infrastructure
- Point-to-Point (PTP)
- Point-to-Multipoint (PtPM)
- Licensed vs. Unlicensed
- What Makes Wireless Communication Possible
- What is Frequency?
- Propagation Characteristics
- Understanding “dB” dBm, dBi, E.I.R.P
- Radio Sensitivity and Selectivity
- Channel Width
- Shannon’s Law”
- Modulations and Data Rates
- Transmitter Performance and EVM
- Gain and Directivity
- Types of Antennas
- Polar Plots
Link Planning and Management
- Link Budget
- Fresnel Zone
- Line of Site
- Link Calculations
- Link Fine Tuning
- Fade Margin
- Spectrum Analyzers
- Wireless Security
Ubiquiti Protocols and Technologies
- Weakest Link
- Traffic Shaping
- Expanded labs including a lab practical (BONUS)
Mike, Tallahassee, FL
"I was sweating the exam before the class but passed easily with a 90!"
Denise, Lakeport, CA
"His hands on, down to earth approach to teaching MikroTik OS is clear enough for the beginner yet comprehensive enough for the seasoned professional. I am looking forward to taking more of his classes to delve deeper into MikroTik’s powerful operating system."
John, Muskogee, OK
"The course was very complete and the instructor was interesting and knowledgeable."
"It was a good learning experience hearing all the inputs from all of you from all parts of the world. I must say, it was much more enjoyable and comforting experience under the pedagogical guidance of such an excellent person and a meticulous instructor, Steve [Discher]!" Thanks to Steve once again for his patience and his thoroughness and of course his wealth of knowledge. I also thank all of you classmates for your sharing of your wealth of inquiries and your knowledge."
Brad, Hobart, OK
"Made It home safe and just wanted to drop a quick email and say Thanks once again for your time. The Class was very interesting and extremely informational. Your Teaching Skills are a great asset to the MikroTik Community... It was worth the money spent!"
Bruce, San Antonio, TX
"The instructor presented the information in a manner that was easy to understand with real life examples."