Ubiquiti Certification Courses from the Ubiquiti Training Academy provide a background of foundational knowledge and the hands-on experience of building out an indoor or outdoor wireless communications system using Ubiquiti equipment.
We teach many tips and tricks to get the most out of your equipment and network.
AirMAX TRAINING – College Station (Central Texas)
The Ubiquiti® airMAX-Certified Wireless Admin (UCWA) course is the first course offered by the Ubiquiti Training Academy. This hands-on course provides both the background of foundational knowledge and the hands-on experience of building out a wireless communications system using Ubiquiti equipment.
- RF Fundamentals
- Antenna Fundamentals
- Spectrum Analysis
- Link Calculations
- Installation Best Practices
- Ubiquiti’s Unique Features
- Courses are two days long. Each class day begins at 9:00 am and ends at 5:00 pm with an hour lunch break.
- Lunch is the responsibility of the student, but we will usually go as a class to a nearby restaurant.
- Breakfast is provided by the hotel and snacks and drinks are available in the meeting room throughout the day.
- The certification test will be given on the last day of class and should be completed no later than 5:00 pm on the last day of class.
What You Need and Need to Know & Bring
- You will need a working laptop with administrative privileges so you can set a static IP address. You will also need to know how to set a static IP on your laptop and Google is a great place to search for guides on how to do that.
- Please download Google Earth. It is free and we will use it for one of the labs.
- Install Java on your laptop.
- Install Chrome browser, IE has many problems we will not have time to deal with.
- Install the Ubiquiti discovery tool, it is free and you can get it HERE.
- Sign up with a free Ubiquiti account HERE. If you already use the forums, you already have an account that will work, just make sure you know your user name and password.
- Bring a standard power strip and a notebook, everything else is provided.
More About the Hotel
Class will be held at the Holiday Inn Express in College Station, Texas.
From the HIExpress Web Site: Situated in the beautiful Brazos Valley, the Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites College Station is right off Highway 6. The hotel’s location in the College Station – Bryan, TX area provides easy access to businesses, attractions and Texas A&M University. Since we’re only one mile from the university, and two miles from Easterwood Airport, it’s easy to get to meetings on time. If you need to prepare for your appointment, feel free to use the Business Center and its copy, fax and print services. Complimentary high-speed, wireless Internet access is also available, as is a spacious event room for on-site meetings in College Station. The hotel’s address in College Station, TX is ideal for parents and prospective students who want to visit the campus of A&M or Blinn College. We’re also just moments from the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum, and the Post Oak Mall is nearby if you want to satisfy a shopping craving. Don’t forget to check out local treasures like Messina Hof Wine Cellar and Briarcrest Country Club, too. While you stay in College Station, the hotel’s Fitness Center can help you keep up your workout routine while the outdoor pool can help you relax and unwind. In addition, you’ll wake up each morning to the free, hot Express Start Breakfast Bar, which features favorites like eggs, bacon, sausage and warm, gooey cinnamon rolls. Call today to reserve your room and stay your way in Aggieland!
Booking Your Room
We have a discounted room rate of $139 available by calling the hotel direct and asking for the room block using code “ISP1”. We only have 10 rooms blocked so first come first served. There are many rooms in the Bryan, College Station area This list will assist you in finding a less expensive room. Click HERE.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Station
1203 University Dr E
College Station, TX 77840