Ubiquiti Certification Courses from the Ubiquiti Training Academy provide a background of foundational knowledge and the hands-on experience of building out an indoor or outdoor wireless communications system using Ubiquiti equipment.
We teach many tips and tricks to get the most out of your equipment and network.
March 24-25 Houston, Tx
Early Registration Cost $795 each
Note: All payments are done through MyWISPTraining & PayPal. Once your payment is received, we will email you when the class gets closer and request the names and contact information for the attendees.
The Ubiquiti airMAX Certified (UBWA) course is the first course offered by the Ubiquiti Training Academy. This hands-on course provides both the background of foundational knowledge and the hands-on experience of building out a wireless communications system using Ubiquiti equipment. We teach you many tips and tricks to get the most out of your equipment and network.
- RF Fundamentals
- Antenna Fundamentals
- Spectrum Analysis
- Link Calculations
- Installation Best Practices
- Ubiquiti’s Unique Features
The course will be taught by Steve Discher who has conducted training for other vendors for more than four years. He has also owned and operated a WISP for 6 years and uses his field knowledge to apply the principles to practical applications. This class is the first offered in the US and the course will fill quickly so don’t delay, register today. Be one of the first to get certified!
About the Venue
The training will be held in the conference room at the Wingate Hotel, 1330 N. Sam Houston Pkwy near the George Bush Airport in Houston, Texas. Each individual in the group will contact the hotel directly at (281) 372-1000. You MUST inform the Guest Agent on duty that they are making reservations for the “ISP Training” event to receive the special negotiated rate of $99 per night and our rate expires on February 10th. After February 10th you will pay full price for the room.
Recipient Of The 2013 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence Award, the hotel is within 5 miles of George Bush Intercontinental Airport With Free Airport Shuttle Service. Enjoy convenient access to attractions and businesses just five miles from Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH and you will appreciate our free airport shuttle service, available daily from 4:30 a.m. to Midnight. After a restful sleep on your top-of-the-line mattress, greet the day with free continental breakfast with hot items and a free USA Today. Stay productive in the separate, well-lit work area in your room and catch up on email with free Wi-Fi Internet access. Relax and unwind at the end of a long day at our complimentary Manager’s Reception with hot hors d’oeuvre, snacks, beer and wine, available Monday through Thursday. Other thoughtful amenities at our Houston, TX, hotel include 24-Hour Sundry shop, 40-inch LCD TVs, a fitness room, outdoor pool and hot tub.
- Courses are two days long. Each class day begins at 9:00 am and ends at 5:00 pm with an hour lunch break.
- Lunch is the responsibility of the student, but we will usually go as a class to a nearby restaurant.
- Breakfast is provided by the hotel and snacks and drinks are available in the meeting room throughout the day.
- The certification test will be given on the last day of class and should be completed no later than 5:00 pm on the last day of class.
What You Need and Need to Know & Bring
- You will need a working laptop with administrative privileges so you can set a static IP address. You will also need to know how to set a static IP on your laptop and Google is a great place to search for guides on how to do that.
- Please download Google Earth. It is free and we will use it for one of the labs.
- Install Java on your laptop.
- Install Chrome browser, IE has many problems we will not have time to deal with.
- Install the Ubiquiti discovery tool, it is free and you can get it HERE.
- Sign up with a free Ubiquiti account HERE. If you already use the forums, you already have an account that will work, just make sure you know your user name and password.
- Bring a standard power strip and a notebook, everything else is provided.